History of Scothern Chapel
Scothern Chapel has been a village place of Christian worship since 1858. In the 1980s it was considerably altered to create a space that can be used for both Community and Christian use.
Up until 2022 it was self-supporting within the wider Lincoln Methodist Circuit, having its own Stewards who organised all Financial, Property and Management decisions.
Scothern sanctuary today
A new computerised sound and screen system means we now have a choice between music provided by Brian our resident keyboard player, or on-screen hymns, recorded music and power-point presentations.
In September 2022 National reorganisation meant it was no longer viable as an independent entity and a brave decision was taken for it become a class of Nettleham Chapel rather than closing altogether. Nettleham Methodist Church are now responsible for the complete running, upkeep & organisation of Scothern Chapel. Rev Alan Swann has been instrumental in the instigation of this ground-breaking experiment.
There is a ramp & also two toilets & a small kitchen
The Chapel is available for lettings and is currently used for occasional children’s parties and for
Meetings of Scothern Parish Council. To enquire about booking please click here
The Roll Of Honour to the right hangs in the Chapel Sanctuary